Recipe for Vacanza – Cooking performance
1 Kg flour
Pinch of salt
200g chicken breast ( cut to small cubes )
5 big potatoes ( cut to small cubes )
2 big onion ( finely chopped )
3 tablespoon of curry powder
Salt to taste
5 tablespoon of oil
1 cup of water
– Rub butter into flour until it resembles fine crumbs.
– Add water and mix to form a rough ball.
– Knead dough for 5 minutes until it feels pliable and can be peeled easily off the surface, press the dough into a soft ball.
– Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
– Heat up oil. Put in curry powder and onion, fried until fragrant.
Add chicken, potato, salt, water and cook until dry.
– Roll pastry into 2mm thick. Cut out round shape about 5 cm.
– Put 1 tsp filling onto pastry and fold into semi circle.
– Pinch the folding into decorative edge.
– Heat up 5 cups of oil for deep frying.
– Deep fry curry puff until golden brown.